Wednesday 7 May 2014

Ashleigh George

Another jeweller who combines words with her pieces is Ashleigh George. She draws inspiration from nature and embeds parts of scripture from the bible into her jewellery. Whilst I'm not necessarily looking to scripture for the words I bond with my pieces, her work reiterates my point that more meaning can be brought to visual form through the addiction of words and phrases.

 "Wearing The Word" is beautiful and an immense honor and privilege." says Ashleigh.

http://ashgeorgejewelry.com/about.html


DB002 Narrow Dewdrop Cuff
Written on the back of this bangle is:

….."So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

No comments:

Post a Comment